Best Service has announced the imminent release of Galaxy II - Grand Piano Collection, the successor to Galaxy Steinway 5.1, extended with the Vienna Grand Imperial and the 1929 German Baby Grand. Powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt 2 engine with a specially designed user interface, Galaxy II was recorded at Galaxy Studios and Hansahaus Studios using high end and vintage microphones by Brauner, Neumann and Bruel&Kjaer and state-of-the-art equipment by Neve, SSL, Focusrite and Digidesign.
- Galaxy Steinway 5.1 (Steinway D in Real Surround and Stereo).
- Vienna Grand Imperial (96 key Boesendorfer with incredible low end).
- 1929 German Baby Grand (vintage Bluethner with a beautiful, singing tone).
- More than 6000 samples in 24 Bit.
- Up to 13 velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range.
- Real sustain resonance and release with multiple velocity.
- Real Una Corda Samples (Soft Pedal).
- Sympathetic String Resonance with real overtones.
- Adjustable Hammer –, Pedal-, Damper- and String noises.
- Sostenuto and Redamper.
- Specially designed user interface.
- integrated Help-Window.
- Direct control of all important functions in the main menu.
- Detailed editing in 10 special menus.
- One-button control of tone colour, warmth, low end, loudness and dynamics.
- Adjustable Stereo width and position.
- Flexible and easy to use velocity editor.
- Specially designed compressor for typical pop-piano sounds.
- Warp-section with 4 FX-machines for drastic sound design.
- Pad machine for generating spheric and atmospheric synth pads.
- Convolution-reverb with lots of rooms, halls and ambiences.
Galaxy II - Grand Piano Collection, priced at €249, will be released this month. It will be available for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in VST, AU, DX, RTAS and stand-alone formats. Upgrade options for Galaxy Steinway 5.1 users will be available (€99). Note that videos are available at :