Christian Knufinke Software has just released SIR2, a convolution reverb plug-in which is the commercial successor to the freeware SIR1. Offering zero-latency processing with low CPU-consumption and non-destructive audio processing of impulse responses, SIR2 includes high definition impulse responses (HDIR) of "real" places produced by Pinguin
, Hamburg. You can also import impulse responses from free or commercial sources.
- Zero latency processing.
- Includes Pinguin's High Definition Impulse Responses.
- "True Stereo" processing (a stereo convolution takes place for every source channel (left + right)).
- High-quality internal sample rate converting.
- Separate dry/wet control (-60db .. +20dB).
- Free non-destructive amplitude envelope.
- Free non-destructive filter envelope.
- Predelay (0ms - 2000ms).
- Stretch control (high quality resampling).
- Forward / reverse switch.
- Stereo In / Stereo IR Control.
- Linear phase FFT-EQ.
- Signal routing options.
- HDIR-Direct On/Off switch.
- Imports WAV, AIF, FLAC, BWS, OGG file formats.
SIR2 is available now in VST format for Windows and costs €149. Note that a demo version is also available.