RME has announced the new OctaMic II Preamp, a completely new electronic design with increased features based on the highly acclaimed OctaMic and OctaMic D devices. The new OctaMic II features 8-channel 192 kHz/24 bit hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification and includes some significant enhancements compared to his predecessors.
New Features :
- The balanced TRS inputs of the Neutrik Combo XLR jacks are phantom power-free and can be operated as real line inputs
- The improved design of the input circuits allows for a maximum input level of +21 dBu with a convenient gain range from 0 dB up to 50 dB
- Improved signal to noise ratio (SNR) ADC 107.5 dB
- Improved THD, especially at high gains
- Optimised heat dissipation by a new and larger housing with improved convection
- Choice of sync sources: internal Clock, AES/SPDIF (via 25 pin D-sub) or Word Clock
- Internal wide range power supply with line filter, insensitive to voltage fluctuations
- Super-stable, short circuit proof 48 V phantom power
OctaMic II is shipping in September 2007 for a Europe net price of €1,099 and in the United States for a MSRP of $1,799. For more information, please visit the link below.