Image-Line Software has released its latest synthesizer, Ogun. Named after the god of iron, Ogun is a synthesizer for creating real metallic sounds, although it's not limited to this genre. Its distinctive synthesis engine can generate more than 32,000 harmonics, modulated by 'harmonic mapping' functions, that hand tonal control directly to the user.
- Massive additive synthesis engine (up to 32,767 harmonics).
- Realistic metallic timbres through harmonic randomization or timbre analysis (resynthesis).
- Fast, precise tonal shaping through multipoint envelopes (of Sytrus fame).
- Advanced Unison engine.
- XY modulation pad for live expressive control.
- Effects: Filter, Chorus, Delay, Reverb and EQ
- Space-saving GUI.
Ogun is availabe now as a VSTi for Windows (XP/Vista) and costs $79. Note that audio examples are also available.