Tone2 has released the second version of its virtual synth Gladiator.
Gladiator is a synthesizer based on the concept of Advanced Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM) Synthesis. It supports an extensive list of synthesis types : Harmonic Content Morphing (HCM3), Frequency Modulation (FM), Amplitude Modulation (AM), Phase Distortion (PD), Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), Phase Modulation (PM), oscillator sync, wave shaping, supersaw, resynthesis sounds, vocoding, additive and sample playback modes.
Improvements and new features :
- Improved sound: "Ultra quality rendering".
- Many new patches.
- 6,657 additional waveforms.
- HCM3 synthesis engine.
- Phase modifier for analogue, warm, noisy and supersaw sounds.
- 9 new effects: Autopan, tremolo, ring modulator, phaser, flanger 2, super strings, pitch shifter, reverb trance, reverb real.
- 2nd filter (effect section): Lowpass, bandpass, highpass, talkbox.
- 6 new unison modes.
- Additional subosc (OSC5) with 21 new waveforms.
- 256 voices.
- Improved filters, additional Moog filter.
- Feedback-delay module.
- 2 additional envelopes.
- 4 additional envelope shapers.
- Additional LFO.
- Improved mod matrix with 12 slots and new routings.
- Improved random patch generation.
- Improved user interface.
- Pan for each OSC.
Gladiator 2 is available now for both Mac OS X and Windows in VST / AU formats and it costs €149 / $199.