AdrenaLinn Sync is a new software plug-in from Roger Linn Design that provides the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of their AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal.
However, it goes even further, adding:
• More Control -- More parameters to fine-tune your filter modulation and filter sequencing effects.
• More Randomness -- Random sequence generation, random LFO amplitude, plus variable probability of randomly-generated notes or envelope firing.
• More Swing -- In additional to half or full swing timing for sequenced notes, you also get on randomly-generated notes.
• Noise source for Self-Generated Noise Beats -- Use noise with the sequencer to create synthesized drumbeats, or to excite resonant filters into self-oscillation.
• 2 Simultaneous Modulation Paths -- Separately route LFO & Sequencer, or Sequencer Level & Sequencer Envelope, to individual levels of filter frequency, volume and pan modualtion.
• Full Stereo Signal Path -- Maintain full stereo from input to output.
• Self-generating sequences -- Increase resonance to full for self-oscillating filter or flanger, then use the Sequencer for random or looped self-generating note sequences.
• Musical Scale Constraints -- Snap the LFO or Sequencer modulation signals chromatic, major, minor, pentatonic, blues, whole tone, diminished or seven other musical scales.
• Tube-Modeled Distortion -- A very warm and smooth distortion with pre-hipass and post-lowpass filters.
• Stereo phaser -- A rich, 4-stage stereo phaser.
• 10 Second Stereo Delay with Ping Pong -- Makes your beat-synced delays and delay loops more useful. Delay loops as long as 8 bars in length (up to 10 seconds).
• Clean & Simple User Interface -- Clearly shows signal flow and modulation routing.
• 128 Great Presets -- Includes all of AdrenaLinn III sequenced, random and modulation presets, plus some new self-generating pitched sequences and noise drumbeats.
Roger Linn Designs didn't include AdrenaLinn III's drumbeats, amp modeling, note-triggered filter modulation or reverb, but they figured you'd have plenty of plug-ins to do those things.
AdrenaLinn Sync comes in a single format that works for VST, AU and RTAS formats. It is currently available only for Mac OSX, with a Windows version coming soon. It retails for $99. Note that a 14-days demo is also available.