Universal Audio today announced the release of the highly anticipated Manley Massive Passive EQ plug-in.
Working with Manley Labs, Universal Audio's Massive Passive EQ plug-in represents their most ambitious hardware EQ modeling project to date, bringing UAD-2 users both the standard and mastering versions of this world-renowned EQ in one package. Specifically, the two-channel, four-band Manley Massive Passive EQ utilizes design strengths from choice console, graphic, parametric and Pultec EQs — delivering a fundamentally different EQ that's beyond compare. The Massive Passive's natural treatment of a signal lends itself to both radical tonal shaping as well as delicate vocal shading or subtle mastering enhancement.
Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $299, the Manley Massive Passive EQ Powered Plug-In features include :
• Highly coveted 2-channel, 4-band, passive, tube EQ emulation plug-in, both standard and mastering versions
• Painstakingly modeled over a six month period and rigorously scrutinized by Manley Labs for authenticity
• Filter curves, band interdependencies, distortion and hysteretic behavior all represented in plug-in — yielding a unique, very musical and "open" sound
The Manley® Massive Passive EQ plug-in is available as part of the new UAD Software v5.6.0 release. In addition to the Manley® Massive Passive EQ, v5.6.0 includes :
• a new version of the EMT 140 Plate Reverb plug-in featuring additional controls for both UAD-1 & UAD-2 (free for registered owners)
• the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in for low-end enhancement ($199)
• additional performance enhancements for all UAD-2 users on the Windows platform.
UAD Software v5.6.0 is available as a free download for Mac and PC users worldwide at :