Korg has announced that the microSTATION is now shipping.
• Lightweight, compact, and equipped with 61 mini-keys, the microSTATION travels easily and fits into any home, stage, or studio workspace.
• EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated) sound engine delivers high-quality sound in the tradition of KORG's flagship synthesizers.
• Enjoy 480 ready-to-use sounds - including keyboard sounds, synth sounds, drums, leads, basses, etc. Tweak, edit, create and save up to 512 sound Programs.
• 256 dynamic Combinations place different sounds on different areas of the keyboard, or layer multiple sounds together for exciting performances - right out of the box.
• Find the right sound fast with eight quickly accessible categories; hundreds of Audition Riffs allow you to preview each sound.
• A full General MIDI level 2 compatible soundset allows commercial and pre-made MIDI files to be played perfectly and instantly.
• Designed for comfort and accuracy, the 61-key Natural Touch Mini Keyboard is highly expressive and supports serious playing.
• Whether performing or composing, the on-board sequencer can be anything from an extra set of hands or a powerful drum machine up to a full-blown MIDI production suite.
• Loop Recording, Grid Sequencing, Dual Arpeggiators, Template songs, and Auto Song Setup features make it easy for anyone to achieve professional results.
• SD/SDHC card slot for convenient storage or your custom sounds and songs.
• USB Type-B connector offers a direct MIDI connection to your computer.
• Includes both stand-alone and plug-in microSTATION software for detailed sound editing on your computer; plug-in software is VST, AU, and RTAS compatible.
Pricing : $599.