Peavey Electronics and Agile Partners have announced that the AmpKit and AmpKit+ Apps are available now on the Apple iTunes App Store. Described as "the ultimate iPhone amp and effects studios with extensive recording and re-amping capabilities", together with AmpKit LiNK, a high fidelity electric guitar interface for iPad, iPhone and second- and third-generation iPod touch, provide guitar and bass players with a powerful and convenient way to jam with high quality tones anytime and anywhere.
• AmpKit is a free app that includes the Peavey ValveKing amp with clean and very-high gain lead channels, two ValveKing cabinets (4x12 and 1x12), two pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer), two mics (Workhorse 57 dynamic mic, Germann 87 condenser mic), and a built-in Noise & Feedback Filter.
• AmpKit+ is a paid app ($19.99) that includes three additional amps, four more cabinets and eight additional pedals, at less than half their individual prices. The additional amps include the Peavey 3120 amp with clean, rhythm, and ultra-high-gain lead channels and matching 4x12 cabinet, the Colonel Vintage amp paired with matching 4x10 and 1x12 cabinets, and the Vintage Brit amp with matching 2x12 cabinet. The additional pedals include 10-band EQ, distortion, fuzz, compressor, chorus, phaser, flanger, and reverb effects.
• AmpKit LiNK ($39.99) is a high fidelity interface for plugging an electric guitar, bass or other instrument directly into the headphone jack of an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It is the ideal companion to AmpKit: because of special crosstalk reduction circuitry that is applied when using headphones, AmpKit LiNK makes it possible for AmpKit to reproduce the high-gain tone of amplifiers such as the Peavey 6505+ without excessive feedback.
AmpKit LiNK specs:
• Connects to iPhone, iPod touch and iPad via 1/8-inch cable, automatically detected by iOS when plugged in.
• 1/4-inch mono input jack for electric guitar, bass, and line level signal sources, preserves full signal fidelity.
• 1/8-inch stereo output jack for connecting headphones, powered speaker, or PA system - works with most recording, processing and tuning apps, including GuitarToolkit.
• Compatible with all iPhone models, both second- and third-generation iPod touch devices and iPad.