Karma-Lab announces the development and upcoming release of "KARMA Motif Software" for the PC/Mac ($199 direct from Karma-Lab).
This brand-new entry in their line of software applications brings the award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology, previously only available for Korg workstations, to the Yamaha Motif XS and the new Yamaha Motif XF platforms.
Some features in Karma V3:
- 8-track design (6 KARMA Modules, 2 Keyboard Layers) per Performance
- Per-track Volume and Mute stored in each of the 32 Scenes - individually adjust the mix of all parts in each scene, and which parts are playing
- Velocity Response Curves - individually tailor the velocity response for the left hand keyboard, the right hand keyboard, the input to KARMA from the keyboard, and the Chord Triggers (pads), without editing the Motif's programs or songs.
- Fill/Stop Feature - use one or more modules as a melodic or drum fill, with the ability to stop and start other modules automatically
- Advanced Stutter Feature - rapidly "stutter" (retrigger) the entire groove at different rhythmic resolutions, providing an effect similar to how it would sound if you sampled the entire KARMA groove and then replicated small slices of the beginning of the sample in your DAW. From machine-gun like stutters to slow triplet hits, it adds a completely new dimension to a KARMA Performance.
- Master Transpose - play in one key, generate output in another, switchable in real-time.
- Chord Triggers (Pads) - Individual Vel. Sensitivity and Transpose...