"A Pro Tools|HDX system includes one HDX PCIe card, your choice of Pro Tools HD Series interface, and Pro Tools HD software, delivering guaranteed performance, the highest sound quality, and the leading audio production toolset", says Avid.
We understand it's better to work with a higher processing depth (32 bit floating) and higher Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) at 16,383 samples (4,096 samples for HD accel card). But the price is a little bit expensive of we must change the computer, interfaces, plug in etc.
So, what do we need?
- Apple Mac Pro (Nehalem/Westmere models only)
- Mac OS X Lion (32- or 64-bit)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Minimum 15 GB free hard disk space for Pro Tools installation
- USB port for iLok authorization (plus, Internet connection for software download).
If you think you can use your HD interfaces with HDX, your are kidding:
- Pro Tools HD 10 will be the last feature release to support Pro Tools|HD Accel systems and legacy Pro Tools|HD interfaces.
If you have a Apple Mac Pro (Harpertown for example), you will need to change it...
What about PC users?
So, please Stop spinning yarns!