Classifieds Legal Notice and Warnings
The online PcMusic Classifieds is a special section of the site designed to help you strike up good deals. However, the growing success of this section has, unfortunately, also brought on board crooks who try to take advantage of and swindle PcMusic members. So be warned, you must remain extremely vigilant when you buy or sell hardware or instruments via the PcMusic Classifieds, as only your own responsibility is committed in those transactions.
PcMusic offers a free Classifieds section; this service is limited to the giving of the means of publishing classifieds and to allow contact between Members via the Internet, Private Messages and Email. The resulting transactions are made in the full and entire responsibility of the Members involved.
This Classified service is given as is. PcMusic does NOT warrant any transactions between private individuals or companies using the PcMusic Classifieds
During a transaction, under no circumstances does anyone from the PcMusic Team have to contact you or guarantee anything, as you currently use the PcMusic Ads online. Any email you receive that looks like it's coming from our team, or as a service of PcMusic should be considered suspicious. If you have received such emails using the scheme whatever(@)pcmusic.org, please contact us at : fraud (AT) 440network.com. Hence, any warranty supposedly given by some imaginary service of PcMusic is a fraud and will be prosecuted by PcMusic..
In any case, PcMusic cannot be held responsible for fraud in which you might be involved, and hence, no legal proceedings can be taken against PcMusic.
I do accept the condition of admission to use PcMusic Classifieds.
And I declare to have come of age in the country I live in.
We thank you for helping us fight this nuisance.
If you are in doubt about a particular classified ad or if you receive a suspicious email with false information and/or explanations about a so-called guarantee, please get in touch with PcMusic by means of our fraud email at: fraud (AT) 440network.com
PcMusic reserves the right to delete any suspicious classified ad before validation or when such classifieds are reported as false by PcMusic members.
After checking, if the classified ad appears to be fraudulent, we'll delete it immediately and will get in touch with Police or International Fraud Administrations for further investigation. The offending Member(s) will be banned immediately from the site.
|Examples of fraud|
We have received several testimonies from Members and victims of swindle attempts. Based on their experiences, we briefly report the kind of classified ads you should avoid.
Common signs of fraud are:
- an attractive instrument with a very cheap price,
- an international transaction and anticipated payment by means of Western Union,
- a check to credit to your account with an amount larger than the transaction
You want to sell an instrument (or anything else) and post an ad in the PcMusic Classifieds. You receive an Email or a PM from somebody interested in your offer. This person, living in a foreign country, proposes that you to accept a check with a bigger amount from another person living in your country. He instructs you to credit this check to your own account, and then asks you to send abroad a check amounting to the difference between the value of your instrument and the bigger amount of the first check. Your bank credits the first check to your account, which you verify. You then deliver your instrument to the middleman and send your check to the foreign buyer. Two or three weeks later, your bank informs you than your account has been debited for the check sent abroad AND from the first check, which obviously bounced. You lose everything (usually in the thousands of $) AND your instrument. Also, your bank charges YOU penalty fees for the bounced check to add insult to injury?
Another typical pattern: you are on the verge of buying an attractive instrument for a great deal. You make an appointment to meet the seller. The person you meet asks you to give him a portion of the money and then has you wait while he brings back the instrument. Of course, he disappears on the spot, never to be seen again?
These are just a few examples - crooks may use other means too?
Be careful! Don't give any money without a guarantee! Don't buy or sell with cash for important transactions.
|What to do after fraud has been established|
Contact your bank and try to stop the transaction and the check immediately.
Press charges with your local Police (or financial and internet Police department or FBI in the USA). There are competent services in every country, contact them immediately!
Report immediately by Email to PcMusic at: fraud (AT) 440network.com and try to communicate complete emails, PMs and IDs of the PcMusic Members involved in the swindle.
|A few words of advice|
- Be extra careful with large transactions.
- Beware of deals that look too good to be true ? they probably aren't.
- Ask the seller for complementary information and pictures.
- Never write/accept a check for an amount greater than the transaction itself.
- Always wait to send the buyer your instrument (or other goods) until you receive a definitive credit on your account (which may take up to several weeks with an international check).
- Refuse any payment via Western Union or equivalent for the sake of security.
- Use to pay (or be paid) a known escrow system you choose, especially for large amounts.
[for more information on escrow systems, go here.
- Try to get a banker's check for high value transactions.
- Never make a partial payment for an item to an unknown person without warrant.
- Never pay for an item if you haven't seen it.
- Be especially careful with international transactions, but remember faking a country or identity on the net is easy.
- PcMusic never guarantees the transactions you make. Your bargain and payment are your responsibility and yours alone. Any safety program/warrant/contract supposedly coming from PcMusic is a fake.
- Save any PM or email exchanges during your transactions ? they can be helpful to us.
In case of any suspicious contact or classifieds, do get in touch with PcMusic immediately using fraud (AT) 440network.com
We sincerely hope that these advices will eliminate any future swindling via the PcMusic Classifieds. Fortunately, most transactions work fine without any problems, and we'll do our best to make sure it stays that way - but be careful!
Become a member now!
It free and fast and it'd allow you to post news, ads, messages in the forums, change your language/time setting...
This PcMusic section is managed by babaille
. Feel free to contact him if you need assistance.