Spectrasonics today announced the release of a free iPhone app, Omni Live that turns an Apple iPhone or iPod Touch into a wireless remote control of the "Live Mode" of Spectrasonics' software synthesizer Omnisphere. Omni Live uses the iPhone's touch screen allowing multi-touch, wireless remote sound selection of the Omnisphere plug-in on the user's computer. Users can download the free "Omni Live" App from Apple's App store directly from their iPhone or iPod Touch.
"Omni Live" iPhone App for Remote Control of Omnisphere:
• Remotely control Omnisphere's 'Live Mode' page using an iPhone or iPod Touch
• Change patches using the multi-touch screen to select one or more patches simultaneously
• Use Omni Live across the room at a MIDI'ed piano or other controller, away from the computer
• Great for live performance
• Simple setup with the Mac's wireless network
• Portrait or Landscape mode
"Omni Live" is available now as a free download from the Apple App store
The new "Omni Live" iPhone remote control app currently works with Omnisphere 1.2 or newer on Mac OSX systems, V1.2 requires Apple OSX 10.5 or later. The Omnisphere version 1.2 update is a free download for all registered users.