Waves releases the W43 Noise Reduction plug-in. Here's what they say about it :
"Ambient noise: Hiss. Hum. Traffic. Wind. Air conditioning. They can all wreak havoc on dialog tracks. With Waves W43, they're a thing of the past.
Inspired by the renowned CAT43, the W43 noise reduction plugin builds upon the legacy of the popular unit that's been a post production favorite for decades. With four fixed frequency bands, the W43 is an affordable, easy-to-use plugin which delivers high quality, minimal artifact noise reduction like the original hardware, while adding all the advantages of software.
• Affordable and easy-to-use
• Zero latency for perfect picture sync
• Multiple simultaneous instances
• Up to 24bit, 192kHz resolution
• Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU
• PC and Mac compatible
• Threshold determines the level at which noise reduction begins.
• Range Faders determine the amount of noise reduction applied to each band.
• Low: 30 Hz – 80 Hz
• Low Mid: 80 Hz – 1 kHz
• High Mid: 1 kHz – 3 kHz
• High: 3 kHz and up
• Engage enables and disables the noise reduction process.
Pricing : $600 (TDM) / $300 (Native)
W43 Noise Reduction Plugin is available separately and in Waves Mercury. Mercury V7 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive W43 at no additional charge