Universal Audio today announced a new addition to its line of analog recording hardware: the 4-710D Four-Channel "Twin-finity" Mic Preamp & DI with Dynamics.
At the core of the 4-710D are four channels of tone-blending "Twin-finity" mic preamps with true-bypass 1176-style compression. Based on the original 710 Twin-Finity
preamp, each of the four mic preamp channels allows for continuously variable tone between 100% tube and 100% solid-state.
Other notable 4-710D features include :
• Newly designed 1176-style compression/soft-limiting circuit per mic channel
• Eight channels of high-quality 24-Bit, 192kHz A/D conversion
• Digital output via dual ADAT optical or AES/EBU DB-25
• Monolithic balanced output stage
• Balanced send/return inserts
The 4-710D is expected to be released worldwide in Q3 2010. Pricing remains TBD.