AcousticsampleS and Lance Herring are announcing the upcoming release of the Kawai-EX sample library. It's a Kawai-EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC. The product is already in an advanced state.
Here are some features of the final product :
- 5 "pedal up" layers, 5 "pedal down" layers, and 15 release samples per note (5 only for the light version).
- Thumps samples.
- Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- Multiple mic position and mixing from the interface (in PRO version).
- Ability to save polyphony by enabling / disabling each position.
- Sympathetic resonance (pedal down samples).
- Multiple releases. They have been carefully picked up for each note to really reproduce the real mechanical behaviour of a note.
- As always, a custom kontakt interface that let you modify the response of the piano as well as its tone and the volume of the releases.
The Kawai-EX will be available in the first half of September in Kontakt and GIGA formats. Other formats will follow as free updates (Halion EXS24 and maybe SFZ). The piano will be offered in two different versions, a light one with only one mic position a single release and only 4 velocity layers and a pro version with all the features.